Search - systematic reviews on KSR Evidence
- Phrase search: enclose words in quotes to find terms next to each other, in the order specified, e.g. "multiple sclerosis"
- Truncation: find terms containing a common word stem, e.g. cancer* - to find cancer, cancers, cancerous
- Wildcard: the ? character stands for zero or one character within a word e.g. organi?ation will find both organisation and organization, and h?emophilia will find both haemophilia and hemophilia
- Adjacency: adj or near to find two or more terms within a specified number of words of each other (in any order), e.g. diabetes NEAR/6 diet, or skin ADJ1 cancer
- AND: finds records that contain both/all terms entered, e.g. paracetamol AND pain
- OR: finds records that contain any of the terms entered, e.g. spine OR vertebrae
- NOT: finds records that contain the first term but not the second term, e.g. expenditure NOT energy